Web Content Editor
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
- Journalism Jobs
- Write and edit copy about OCLC’s research activities and outputs for the website, ensuring content is presented in a clear, simple, and usable manner to a broad library audience.
- Produce, prepare, and build out content for the web that follows best practices for search engine optimization, use of images, including proper attribution and use of keywords and relevant metadata such as description, title, and alt tags.
- Support website Information architecture projects by reviewing, proposing, and performing updates to descriptive text for Research areas, projects, programs, publications, people, and presentations.
- Use analytics and other data to improve website content and overall user experience.
- Identify story and general content ideas.
- Research and write articles about emerging community issues and trends in public library practice for WebJunction.org. Review older content and make recommendations for weeding or updating.
- Write bimonthly newsletter, Crossroads, and webinar descriptions.
- Synthesize input from internal stakeholders on topic and messaging priorities, including near- and longer-term goals, and collaborate to develop editorial calendars.
- Ensure website, blog, and newsletter copy meets our standards for grammar, style, inclusivity, tone, and messaging.
- Make updates in basic HTML to fix errors or make improvements.
- Collaborate and consult with the MRD Communications team, WebJunction team, and Research stakeholders; and coordinate within the Marketing team to plan, produce, and deliver web content.
- Perform other related duties or support special projects as assigned.
Three or more years of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.
- Experience in journalism, online publishing, newsletters, website content, and/or social media for a professional audience.
- Experience working collaboratively to create short-term editorial calendars and long-term strategic directions.
- Direct experience using a content management system to create, publish, and manage web content.
- Experience writing about emerging topics in a professional field and/or translating academic research for a practitioner audience.
- [Preferred] Experience working in or for the library profession, or other demonstrated understanding of the issues and trends within library and information sciences and library practice.
- Proficiency in producing clear, accurate, and compelling content for the web and newsletters that reaches and engages a diverse, professional audience.
- Skilled at researching and writing informational articles and news stories for a professional audience.
- Strong copy editor.
- Familiarity with web analytics best practices and ability to use standard tools to improve content.
- Skilled at collaborating within and across teams in multiple locations to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize time effectively.
- Experience using web content management systems, such as Adobe Experience Manager; basic HTML editing and image management skills.
- Strong understanding of digital content best practices. Demonstrated proficiency with best practices for creating compelling text and images for the web. Basic skills with web metadata management.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Desired: Experience working with scholarly communications tools, such as DOIs, ORCID, DataCite, CrossRef, altmetrics, FigShare.
Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and describing how their qualifications match this role.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Data Analytics
- Social media platforms
- Keyword research and mapping
- Content Creation and Management
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Process improvement
- Best practice development
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Decision maker
- Skilled Collaborator
- Time management